Literary Birthday - 12 June
Happy Birthday, Anne Frank, born 12 June 1929, died early March 1945
The Top 12 Anne Frank Quotes
- Because paper has more patience than people.
- Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!
- If I read a book that impresses me, I have to take myself firmly by the hand, before I mix with other people; otherwise they would think my mind rather queer.
- The only way to truly know a person is to argue with them. For when they argue in full swing, then they reveal their true character.
- The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.
- In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death.
- Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
- I have often been downcast, but never in despair; I regard our hiding as a dangerous adventure, romantic and interesting at the same time. In my diary I treat all the privations as amusing. I have made up my mind now to lead a different life from other girls and, later on, different from ordinary housewives. My start has been so very full of interest, and that is the sole reason why I have to laugh at the humorous side of the most dangerous moments.
- The final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.
- For someone like me, it is a very strange habit to write in a diary. Not only that I have never written before, but it strikes me that later neither I, nor anyone else, will care for the outpouring of a thirteen year old schoolgirl.
- I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to people, even those I’ve never met. I want to go on living even after my death! And that’s why I’m grateful to God for having given me this gift, which I can use to develop and to express all that’s inside me!
- Who would ever think that so much went on in the soul of a young girl?
Anne Frank gained international fame posthumously. The Diary of Anne Frank documents her experiences hiding during the German occupation of the Netherlands in World War II.
by Amanda Patterson for Writers Write